Returning to normal service
Aug. 3rd, 2026 03:13 pmEverybody's now back home and has caught up on sleep and suchlike. I'm relieved from dog-sitting and I've enjoyed some fresh Philippine mango. For coming weeks, we also have nice dried mango from Cebu.
It's a holiday here today, and tomorrow I'm back into the office for the first time in quite a while. I have a bit of on-call-related work today, handover to the next in rotation, but not much. I've been sleeping in somewhat; getting up for the train into Edinburgh tomorrow will be an experience but I am used to not being especially awake for the first part of my journey, I just have to move my body along. I was glad to miss my commute last month with being at home with our dog L. as the summer is the worst for Edinburgh being filled with tourists through whom I must make my way. At least I don't have to live there too, Cornwall then Cambridge in England were quite enough tourists for one lifetime.
It's a holiday here today, and tomorrow I'm back into the office for the first time in quite a while. I have a bit of on-call-related work today, handover to the next in rotation, but not much. I've been sleeping in somewhat; getting up for the train into Edinburgh tomorrow will be an experience but I am used to not being especially awake for the first part of my journey, I just have to move my body along. I was glad to miss my commute last month with being at home with our dog L. as the summer is the worst for Edinburgh being filled with tourists through whom I must make my way. At least I don't have to live there too, Cornwall then Cambridge in England were quite enough tourists for one lifetime.