I often pay some attention to church services, not least the brief Daily Service that has been broadcast on BBC Radio for many decades. I am occasionally amused by a surprise perhaps arising from not always paying full attention. A recent example was the minister's sermon apparently slipping into song lyrics until a moment's thought told me that the song that had come to mind had itself been quoting from the Bible.
- 1: Storing passwords
- 2: Handedness and mirror tasks
- 3: Coining strange names for foods
- 4: Busy people in "The West Wing"
- 5: The value of money
- 6: Software development: from beauty to commodity
- 7: Research integrity
- 8: Dividing one's mouth for teeth-cleaning
- 9: Grenfell Tower fire surprises
- 10: Plausible bicycling
- Style: Neutral Good for Practicality by
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags